PPE Training – Course overview
This short 2 hour course will cover all the relevant Personal Protective Equipment required for your workforce. The Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 2002 place duties on employers to take reasonable steps to ensure that PPE provided to employees is properly used.
Where PPE is required, employers must also provide employees with adequate information, instruction and PPE training on its use.
The extent of information, instruction and training will vary with the complexity and performance of the kit. For example, a full Breathing Apparatus kit will require more training to use properly than a disposable face mask.
The Regulations also place the following duties on employees and self employed operatives:
- PPE must be worn and used in accordance with the instructions provided to them.
- PPE must be examined before use.
- Any loss or obvious defect must be immediately reported to their supervisor
PPE Training Method
This is a classroom and practical based course with power point presentations. A selection of relevant PPE used by employees is to be provided by the client to aid practical training.
Classroom and site based at client or trainer premises with adequate room for all candidates. 240v power required for projector allowing power point presentations and training DVD’s. Large screen TV’s with HTMI connections are also acceptable.
Individual Certificates of Competency.
The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 (HASAWA) and the Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 2002
Nationwide and Overseas. Maximum 10 candidates per course
- Types of PPE
- The risk(s) present and why the PPE is needed
- The operation (including demonstration), performance and limitations of the equipment
- Use and storage (including how to put it on, how to adjust and remove it)
- Any testing requirements before use
- Any user maintenance that can be carried out (e.g. hygiene/cleaning procedures)
- Factors that can affect the performance of the equipment (e.g. working conditions, personal factors, defects and damage)
- How to recognise defects in PPE, and arrangements for reporting them
- Where to obtain replacement PPE
Assessment of Competency
Throughout the training course practical assessments will be made followed by the multiple choice assessment paper.
Successful candidates gaining a minimum 80 percent pass mark will be awarded a PPE Awareness Training Certificate valid for 36 months.
Price on application. All our prices are extremely competitive.