Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
Course Length: 2 Days
Additional Work: None
Pre-Qualification: Must hold SMSTS Certificate
Price: £250 plus vat
This course is an ideal foundation for obtaining a basic understanding of health & safety duties and responsibility for junior management, upon successful completion of this course a natural progression would be the five day site management safety training scheme (SMSTS) course.
This course is designed for first line managers, foremen, gangers, team leaders and supervisors. It is for those who have, or about to acquire, supervisory responsibilities.
The course covers The Health & Safety at Work Act and the regulations relevant to the construction industry, including:
- CDM Regulations
- Developing a Health and Safety Management System
- Occupational Health
- Fire Prevention and Control
- Risk Assessment and Method Statements
- Hazardous Substances
- Working at Height and Personal Protective Equipment
- Health and Safety Law
- Manual Handling
- Accidents and First Aid
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand problems of the industry, and how to solve them
- Explain how health and safety law is structured, and how it should be applied
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the manager in controlling the site
- Carry out risk assessments, produce reports and understand the need for method statements
- Carry out site inspections and toolbox talks
- Understand what is meant by proactive and reactive monitoring and appreciate their need
t provides an introduction to health & safety, welfare and environmental issues for those requiring an understanding of their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities. It will provide a sound knowledge base to enable them to give valuable assistance in safely managing a construction site.
Our training is guaranteed to be incredibly effective in creating a safer working environment.
Successful candidates will be awarded the CITB Site Supervisors Safety Training Certificate.
- 19 Jun 2017 (Derby)
- 17 Jul 2017 (Derby)